Firefighters with the Rochester Fire Department respond to a detached garage fire that was fully involved on the 1600 block of 8 1/2 Street Southeast after it was called in by a passerby Thursday, Aug. 2, 2018, in Rochester. Firefighters extinguished the garage fire, and were able to prevent the back wall of the house from catching fire, said Chris Bailey, Rochester Fire Department battalion chief. Bailey said the cause of the fire was ashes from a recreational fire that were not properly disposed of. "This is an excellent reminder that any hot material from a recreational fire and barbecue grill should always be thoroughly extinguished with water, and disposed of in a metal container," said Bailey. There were two people in the house at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries, said Bailey.